- 12 ounces salmon, preferably wild-caught
- 3 Tbsp. FIWI FOODS HONEY GLAZE SAUCE
- freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Arrange salmon on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle add salt and pepper to taste
- Then drizzle with honey GLAZE.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
- Plate and enjoy
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 1 ½ Tbsp of FIWI FOODS Jerk Seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- Pinch of chopped thyme
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp of orange juice or lime juice (if using lime juice add a teaspoon of sugar)
- 1 teaspoon of grated orange or lime zest
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 Using your hands gently mix jerk seasoning with the ground beef in a large bowl until just incorporated. Do not over-mix. Shape into patties, about 1/2 inch thick and wider than the diameter of your hamburger bun. Chill about 30 minutes or until you are ready to cook. (Remember to wear gloves while handling jerk seasoning or thoroughly wash hands with soap and water after handling.)
3 In a medium bowl, gently mix the cabbage, red onion, thyme, mayonnaise, citrus juice, zest, salt and pepper.
4 Prepare gas or charcoal grill for cooking over high direct heat. Place the patties on the clean, well-oiled grill grate. Grill the burgers for about 5 minutes per side. Do not press down on the burgers while cooking. If you don’t have a grill, you can use a grill pan or a cast iron frying pan.
Serve burgers topped with coleslaw, with or without hamburger buns.
Makes 6 burgers.
- 1 whole chicken cut in 8 (3.5-4lbs)
- 4 tablespoons of Fiwi Foods Jerk Seasoning
- ¼ cup of Lime juice
Wash chicken pieces in six cups of water with the lime juice
Rinse chicken pieces thoroughly in fresh water then drain properly
Place chicken in a large freezer bag, or in a large roasting pan or baking dish.
Add Fiwi Foods Jerk Seasoning to the chicken pieces and coat well. Seal the bag or cover the chicken in the pan with plastic wrap. Let sit for four hours or refrigerate overnight for best results. When ready to prepare: Choose any of the following methods
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place chicken pieces in a large lightly oiled baking pan then cover with foil and convection bake or roast for 1 hour.
- Carefully remove foil and let bake or roast for a further 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove baking pan from oven and let cool for 10 minutes
- Fire up your charcoal grill and oil it thoroughly
- Place pieces of chicken on well heated grill
- Allow chicken to cook, constantly turning to ensure perfection.
- Cover grill occasionally (3-5 minutes each time) to allow for steaming
- Carefully remove chicken pieces from grill
Recommended to be served with Fiwi Foods Honey Glaze Sauce (for dipping)
- 1 pound fresh salmon
- 1 ½ Tbsp. FIWI FOODS Jerk Seasoning
- ½ Cup of chopped onion
- ¾ Cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Egg
In a food processor combine salmon and onion (about 20 seconds)
In a skillet combine egg, jerk seasoning and cheese with the salmon (combine well using your hands)
Shape the mixture into small or medium sized patties
Heat frying pan containing preferred oil.
Fry patties on either side (do not deep fry. Just brown and cook)
The salmon is ready when the edges turn from pink to white.
Enjoy with your choice of side.